By Dimitris N. Chorafas
Written for managers and execs in enterprise and undefined, this e-book is helping the reader in:
* figuring out what's and isn't IFRS
* studying the complexities of IFRS implementation
* Appreciating the contribution of IFRS to company governance
The changeover from the mosaic of alternative heterogeneous nationwide accounting criteria to the foreign monetary Reporting criteria has now not been effortless. for plenty of businesses IFRS, and such a lot relatively the idea that of reasonable price in IAS 39, has amounted to a part shift - that is prerequisite to attaining compliant monetary reporting.
The learn carried out via Dr. Chorafas for this ebook, documented that the method of assembly IFRS specifications offers possibilities and demanding situations to all organisations. As many businesses have discovered, leaving behind the classical accruals accounting for marking-to-market their transactions and portfolio positions, has no longer been effortless. The conversion technique has affected a number of services in the association together with stability sheets, P&L statements, auditing, probability keep an eye on, details platforms, and administration accounting.
This e-book is in made from 4 components:
* half One makes a speciality of company festival, criteria forums, company accounting, and IAS 39
* The subject matter of half , is the implementation of IFRS, exemplified via case reports on job forces and sensible purposes
* half 3 brings jointly IFRS and administration accounting standards, with emphasis on reasonable price.
* half 4 addresses itself to the contribution IFRS could make to higher company governance, and to rebuilding the stability sheet
The e-book has many case reports according to genuine studies. those variety from the implementation of IFRS directives comparable to hedge accounting, to constructing practices of real-time stability sheets; the assistance supplied by means of subtle accounting strategies assist in pressure checking out; and a complete definition of the position of the audit committee.
* a transparent and useful view of the complexities of IFRS implementation
* contains useful case experiences from real-life businesses facing the process
* will pay specific recognition to IAS 39 on reasonable worth